Facebook advertising is a marketing strategy that I typically recommend to my clients – not only can it be affordable, but it can really work to produce website leads, product buyers, event attendees, new business and more. What makes Facebook advertising so unique is that it gives you the ability to target your ideal clientele. With targeting from location to education to life events, you are able to find the exact buyer you are looking for, and one who is likely looking for your business.
However, the Facebook advertising community is changing. In a recent announcement, Facebook said they will be changing what people see in their News Feeds in an effort to create more “meaningful” interactions. This means that instead of seeing content from brands and publishers, people will see more from their close family and friends. According to Facebook, this update would primarily impact publishers that have been able to reach readers for free. The update, apparently, will not affect the sponsored posts via Facebook advertising.
This update does fall in line with Facebook’s goal of creating a more “meaningful” experience on their platform. People will be inspired to engage more with the ones they love rather than blogs and brands. The downside to this update is that the days of organic reach are definitely over. If you want your content read, you have to invest. The impact will be positive for users, but challenging for businesses.
Nevertheless, there are ways in which businesses can take advantage of these changes and enhance their brands even more with or without Facebook advertising. What better time than now to make your brand more relatable to your audience, and to share content that is even more relevant and “meaningful.” A few ways to do this can be through the following:
- Use Facebook Live more often. Facebook Live videos are trending to be even more popular than non-live videos.
- Take advantage of Groups. As they mentioned in their announcement, Facebook will be building out their Groups feature.
- Integrate Messenger into your strategy. Initiate more one-on-one conversations with your customers.
- Encourage fans and followers to prioritize your business within their news feeds. Instructions for this can be found here.
Facebook advertising is likely to become the only way to get people to see your content on Facebook. The changes will occur over the course of 2018, so the time to create a strategy for these changes is now. For a customized marketing strategy for your business, with Facebook advertising or not, contact Christina today.
Each new season comes with new trends and inspiration! How are you refreshing your marketing strategy? Are you redesigning your website? Generating more and better content? Creating a stronger email marketing queue? Jumpstart the last quarter of the year with these digital marketing tactics that are sure to produce results. Whether you’ve heard of them, tried them, or didn’t even know they were available to you, these strategies are current, relevant and valuable.
- Make the most of your Google+ business page. If you do not have a business page yet, set it up immediately, and if you have a storefront, make sure you are on Google Maps. Not only are these low hanging fruit, but both are guaranteed to give you an immediate boost in traffic. Once you have your Google+ business page, take it to the next step and create a post on Google. No, I’m not referring to a regular Google+ post that goes to your business page. This one is different. It allows you to post about events, products, and services, directly to Google Search and Maps. Your timely content will be placed directly in front of consumers when they Google you. The best part is that your customers can take direct action on the post, like signing up, learning more, or buying a product!
- Go live…on Facebook and Instagram! I particularly prefer Instagram for this, because it has an easier interface and is more mobile. Now more than ever, you have the capability to truly establish your business as an industry thought leader. Furthermore, now that we know that 1) more than 50% of video content is viewed on mobile, and 2) marketers who use video grew revenue 49% faster than non video users, this is where you need to be putting your marketing efforts. While live videos on both Facebook and Instagram have been around for some time, more and more people are just now starting to catch on. This live element of social networks is adding a humanistic component to brands, helping to increase the feelings of trust and loyalty amongst customers. The results speak for themselves. Make your mark today!
- Tap into influencer marketing. In a previous blog, I spoke about HARO and how it’s a great way to get started with digital PR. All forms of media from bloggers to journalists need reliable sources for their articles, and they also love receiving content ideas. That’s where influencer marketing comes in. Influencers these days have follower counts in numbers comparable to national publications. Influencer marketing entails the utilization of these leaders for the purposes of driving your brand’s message to a larger market. You do this by inspiring, hiring, or paying these influencers to get the word out for you. Share promo codes with them, give them free stuff, or have them include your services in a round-up post.
Which strategy do you plan to try out this season?