Each new season comes with new trends and inspiration! How are you refreshing your marketing strategy? Are you redesigning your website? Generating more and better content? Creating a stronger email marketing queue? Jumpstart the last quarter of the year with these digital marketing tactics that are sure to produce results. Whether you’ve heard of them, tried them, or didn’t even know they were available to you, these strategies are current, relevant and valuable.
- Make the most of your Google+ business page. If you do not have a business page yet, set it up immediately, and if you have a storefront, make sure you are on Google Maps. Not only are these low hanging fruit, but both are guaranteed to give you an immediate boost in traffic. Once you have your Google+ business page, take it to the next step and create a post on Google. No, I’m not referring to a regular Google+ post that goes to your business page. This one is different. It allows you to post about events, products, and services, directly to Google Search and Maps. Your timely content will be placed directly in front of consumers when they Google you. The best part is that your customers can take direct action on the post, like signing up, learning more, or buying a product!
- Go live…on Facebook and Instagram! I particularly prefer Instagram for this, because it has an easier interface and is more mobile. Now more than ever, you have the capability to truly establish your business as an industry thought leader. Furthermore, now that we know that 1) more than 50% of video content is viewed on mobile, and 2) marketers who use video grew revenue 49% faster than non video users, this is where you need to be putting your marketing efforts. While live videos on both Facebook and Instagram have been around for some time, more and more people are just now starting to catch on. This live element of social networks is adding a humanistic component to brands, helping to increase the feelings of trust and loyalty amongst customers. The results speak for themselves. Make your mark today!
- Tap into influencer marketing. In a previous blog, I spoke about HARO and how it’s a great way to get started with digital PR. All forms of media from bloggers to journalists need reliable sources for their articles, and they also love receiving content ideas. That’s where influencer marketing comes in. Influencers these days have follower counts in numbers comparable to national publications. Influencer marketing entails the utilization of these leaders for the purposes of driving your brand’s message to a larger market. You do this by inspiring, hiring, or paying these influencers to get the word out for you. Share promo codes with them, give them free stuff, or have them include your services in a round-up post.
Which strategy do you plan to try out this season?
One of the questions I am asked most frequently is “How Do I Get the Word Out?” It’s a heavy question with a very long answer! However, it doesn’t have to be complicated, intimidating or even stressful. It just takes a bit of creativity and some knowledge about the tools available to you. Below are three free marketing tools that I highly recommend. If you’re just getting started in your marketing journey, contact me and I can help you out! Otherwise, read on and take advantage of what’s out there on the web.
- MailChimp is one of my favorite platforms to get the word out. It’s not only user friendly, but it’s completely FREE for your first 2,000 subscribers. With its drag and drop design features, advanced tracking capabilities, savvy integrations and robust automation, MailChimp can help you get the word out seamlessly and professionally. This is a great email marketing tool that you can use to start building your database of subscribers and followers. If you want to share content from your blog, or new services within your repertoire, or special offers from your website, you can easily do so by creating a campaign in MailChimp. Bonus tip: create a free gift or promotion to deliver to new subscribers in order to thank them for signing up.
- HARO (also known as Help a Reporter Out) is a great way to take advantage of the “digital PR” side of online marketing. PR can get pricey, and everyone loves press. That’s where HARO comes in. It connects you with reporters for digital (and possibly even print!) media placement. HARO was created out of the need for journalists to expand their networks in a variety of fields and generate more sources for information, interviews and quotes. In return, sources are able to secure valuable media coverage, which not only exposes their brand to a larger audience, but also provides them with additional backlinking to high authority websites for SEO. Subscribe to their site (a FREE subscriber option is available!), browse queries that interest you, and respond.
- Medium is another easy to use and FREE marketing tool where you can write or share your blogs and content. Medium gives everyone who sets up an account the ability to write and share their stories within their platform. Furthermore, you are able to join in on the experience by reading works done by other writers, based on the categories and industries that interest you the most. You’ll find inspirational and unique pieces from a wide range of personalities, and in the end, they will help you tell your story too. Everyone loves a good story! Medium is a great platform for you to share yours. Bonus tip: create a content calendar to keep yourself accountable, and focus on trending topics (like seasons or holidays) when planning to ensure maximum exposure.
If you want to hear about even more ways to get the word out about your business, I will be hosting a special marketing workshop on Friday, September 22 from 12:00pm to 2:00pm at Tribe. This workshop will be the launch event for my monthly marketing workshop series beginning in 2018. The 2018 series at Tribe will focus on a new digital marketing topic (or question) within each workshop every month. They will include lecture, exercises, discussion, take-home materials and Q & A breaks, along with a video link for those unable to attend or those who want to keep the workshop in their records. If you’re feeling stuck, lost, or simply wanting more out of how you currently promote your business, this workshop is for you. Stay tuned as there is more information to come!