All entrepreneurs need list building strategies. However, when first starting a business, you may not have the funds needed to invest in advertising or expensive marketing. This is why using free list building strategies is imperative to growing your business.
But keep in mind – there’s a hustle at the beginning. It’s the tough work, the grunt work and the hard work that nobody wants to do. Here’s the thing though, nobody can do this step for you. You have to choose the strategies on your own and you have to be creative. If you’re committed to changing lives and having a long-term profitable business, you must build an audience.
Building your list takes time, so you have to be patient. There is no such thing as an overnight success.
Below you will find 25 free techniques you can use to build your list.
- Include clear and specific calls to action in all of your content marketing.
- Make it easy for people to share your content either through social media channels or forwarding options in emails.
- Use a pop ups on your site.
- Optimize thank you pages with referral requests or social sharing prompts.
- Highlight a piece of your blog content on a social media platform and start a conversation around it.
- When at events, bring an iPad and sign up people on the spot.
- Keep SEO in mind when you create content.
- Consider a HelloBar on your site to tease a specific offer.
- Be helpful and kind on forums.
- Be generous and offer testimonials for other businesses.
- Keep an open mind for collaborations, partnerships or co-sponsored events with colleagues.
- Thoughtfully comment on other people’s blogs.
- Be a case study for vendors.
- Create something amazing for your market that everyone just has to share it.
- Lead a regular meet-up or event in your town that supports fellow businesses or the community.
- Be featured in blogs or in other media or work with influencers.
- Get interviewed about your message, your story, your mission, your business, etc.
- Do live speaking engagements.
- Be a guest in virtual events.
- Be a guest teacher in someone else’s program or event.
- Guest post on engaged blogs that serve your ideal customer.
- Write articles for other people’s newsletters.
- Submit your business to directories.
- Create a referral program that incentivizes new clients.
- Teach workshops or seminars to generate interest in what you do.
There are, of course, more ways to build your list than what’s listed above. Regardless of whatever you choose to do, always do it from the heart.
Want more tips like this? Check out the blog for more helpful business and marketing advice!