There’s a quote from Marie Forleo that has stuck with me through the last 3-4 years, and it goes like this: Your success as a business owner is directly proportionate to the value you provide to the marketplace.
And it’s absolutely true. The more value you provide, the more lives you touch, the greater your reach extends to the right people who are interested in what you have to offer. And this is a big reason as to why I’m a major proponent of content marketing. It’s literally all value that you’re providing at no cost to your readers or listeners or viewers, and in doing so, you’re establishing trust and credibility and helping them get to where they want to be without even spending a penny. When they start spending the pennies is when they are so enamored by your content that it’s basically a no-brainer to them to buy from you.
One specific type of content piece that I love is a freebie.
In this video, we talked about:
- The central strategy behind sharing value,
- One quote that has stuck with me for the past 3-4 years about value,
- My personal history with freebies, including what I created for my audience,
- The definition of a freebie and what it entails,
- Questions to think about when you’re creating a freebie for your market, and
- What I’m offering now and how you can get it for yourself.