If email marketing isn’t part of your marketing suite, it should be. Here’s why.
Below are some current statistics taken from leading marketing research institutions:
- According to the Data & Marketing Association, email marketing averages a 3800% ROI (return on investment).
- According to Campaign Monitor, you’re 6x more likely to get a click-through from an email campaign than you are from a tweet.
- According to Radicati, a Technology Market Research Firm, a message is 5x more likely to be seen in an email than via Facebook.
- According to the Data & Marketing Association, when it comes to purchases made as a result of receiving a marketing message, email has the highest conversion rate of 66%, when compared to social media, direct mail, and more.
Not convinced yet? Here are 6 reasons why email marketing is a marketing channel you shouldn’t ignore.
- It’s more effective than social media, especially when it comes to customer acquisition. Social media is a great way to interact with customers and strengthen your personal relationships with them. In a previous blog though, I talk about why it’s secondary to email marketing. The biggest reason why email marketing is more important is because when it comes to converting people into subscribers, supporters and customers, it is four times more effective than any other digital channel.
- It’s easy, effective and inexpensive. Need I say more? Email marketing allows you to reach all of your customers (whether it’s hundreds or thousands) at a rate of nearly nothing per message. Many platforms today, such as MailChimp, are even free to try and start, depending on your list size. For those entrepreneurs on a budget, this is a much better choice than direct mail, TV or radio.
- It’s completely personal and entirely customizable. When you’re email marketing, your sending a personalized message to a customer directly to their inbox that will resonate with them. This is different from other methods, such as social media, where you are more or less broadcasting your messages to a larger audience. If your content is friendly, personable and relevant, it’s not going to be spammy.
- It’s action-oriented. This is my favorite part about email marketing – there’s always a next step. You can reply, forward, click-through, sign up, or buy. The very nature of email is transactional. It can be used to direct traffic to your website and boost sales.
- It’s measurable. Any email marketing software available on the market today offers valuable analytics telling you who opened your email, which links they clicked, and who unsubscribed. This wealth of information gives you the ability to continuously monitor your email marketing campaigns so that you can always make adjustments and improve them.
- It’s mobile-friendly. As with any digital marketing campaign, this is a must. Since we are always on the go, mobile devices allow people to check their emails constantly. And they are – whether it’s in line at Starbucks, or in a waiting room, or on their train commute. In fact, a recent study showed that 91% of people use their phones to check email, as opposed to 75% who use their phones to check social media.
Convinced? Then it’s time for you to either start or strengthen your email marketing campaign so that you can generate a following, boost online traffic and increase your business sales. Need help? Check out my Empowered Marketing program where you’ll learn how to set up a successful email marketing plan, along with other marketing tactics. And if you need even more assistance – my consulting services allow for email marketing strategy, design and even implementation.